- Research publications by Caltech authors. Mainly articles, but also books, book chapters, technical reports, conference papers and more. The repository is updated continuously as departmental and library staff add available and recently published documents.
- We encourage self-deposits by Caltech faculty and staff. Basic entries with attached content files are accepted, and library staff enhance the records as needed. A guide, workshops and direct assistance are also offered through the library.
- Previously separate technical report collections have been merged into CaltechAUTHORS. For a list of, and links to, the specific collections, please see the Merged/Merging box below.
- Includes all Caltech theses written since 2002, as well as digitized copies of earlier theses. This collection continues to grow as we add both new and older theses.
- Students self-deposit their theses. A guide, workshops and direct assistance are also offered through the library.
- General publications by Caltech faculty, staff and students that are of interest to the campus community as a whole. These include regularly published titles such as the Caltech Catalog or the Tech. The repository is updated continuously as departments and library staff add both recently published and digitized older documents.
- If you are a member of the Caltech community and would like to have your documents added to this repository, please contact the library.
Caltech Archives Repositories
- The Caltech Archives Oral History Project began in 1978 for the purpose of recording the personal memoirs of the distinguished scientists, teachers and administrators of the Institute. To date, approximately 170 interviews have been completed and most are open to readers in transcript form. Oral Histories Online, begun in the fall of 2002, brings selected interviews to the public in digital form, chosen from the fields of biology and environmental science.
- Lab Notes Online presents historic scientific data from the Caltech Archives' collections in digital facsimile. Beginning in the fall of 2008, the first publication in the series is Robert A. Millikan's notebooks for his oil drop experiments to measure the charge of the electron, dating from October 1911 to April 1912. Other laboratory, field, or research notes will be added to the archive over time.
- Engineering & Science is a quarterly magazine, founded in 1937. Produced by the Caltech Office of Public Relations, its goal is to present to a scientifically literate audience a lively picture of the intellectual life and research activities at Caltech and to promote interest in science and scientific issues.
Merged Technical Reports Collections
We have merged multiple separate collections into the main document repository, CaltechAUTHORS, to consolidate publications by Caltech researchers together into one database. They can be retrieved by browsing the Collections in CaltechAUTHORS :
- Applied and Computational Mathematics Technical Reports
- Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative
- Books authored by Caltech faculty
- Caltech Center for Advanced Computing Research Technical Reports
- Caltech Control and Dynamical Systems Technical Reports
- Caltech Computer Science Technical Reports
- Caltech Earthquake Engineering Research Laboratory Technical Reports
- Caltech Environmental Quality Laboratory Technical Reports
- Caltech Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories (Fluid Mechanics) Technical Reports
- Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories (Solid Mechanics) Technical Reports
- W. M. Keck Laboratory of Hydraulics and Water Resources Technical Reports
- Caltech Library Papers and Publications
- Munger Africana Library Notes
- Caltech Parallel and Distributed Systems Group Technical Reports
- Caltech Research in Solid Mechanics Technical Reports
Merged Caltech-hosted Conferences Collections