Prepare your iPad & open this tutorial in mobile Safari
- Next, open the Safari app and open this current page (http://libguides.caltech.edu/bookmarklet-ipad).
- Now copy the code in the section below (Proxy bookmarklet code)
Proxy bookmarklet code
To copy the code below — press and hold on the code and then release; then adjust the blue overlay so it covers the entire code, and tap “Copy.”
Create a temporary bookmark in mobile Safari
Next, tap on the share icon (square with an arrow) at the top of your Safari page and tap “Bookmark.” Ensure that it will be saving to the “Favorites” and then hit “Save.”
Update the temporary bookmark with the code for the bookmarklet
- Now tap on the bookmark icon (open book) to pull up your bookmarks. Tap on the “Favorites” folder. Then tap “Edit” in the bottom corner of your window.
- Select the bookmark that you just created. Change the name to something of your choice – perhaps ‘Caltech Library Proxy’ or ‘Proxy’.
- Next, erase the URL shown and paste the bookmarklet code for Library Proxy (press and hold, then release, then tap “Paste”).
- Hit “Favorites” located in the top left corner to go back. Tap “Done” located in the bottom right corner. Tap the bookmark icon to make it disappear.
- If your new bookmark doesn't appear immediately in the Favorites toolbar, close Safari and reopen.