A. Import the saved citation file:
- Use a previously-created citation file in, for example, EndNote or BibTeX.
- If necessary, create an account in CaltechAUTHORS
- The library may need to enhance your account’s privileges to allow you to deposit. Let us know if you do not see a Manage Deposits tab after you log in the first time
- Log in uand go to Manage Deposits
- Click on "Import Items"
- Using the Browse button, locate and open the saved file you downloaded to your computer
- Select the import format appropriate for your downloaded file and import your saved file
- Do a Test Run the first time you use this format to make sure it works
- Choose “Test run + Import”
- The Manage Deposits screen will re-appear
B. Attach the content files:
- Open up each record individually using the magnifying glass icon
- Click on "Edit" (gray button at top of box)
- Choose "Upload"
- Using the Browse button, locate and open the content file you want to upload to this record. Click the blue "Upload" button
- Repeat this step as many times necessary if you have multiple content files you want to attach to this record
- Again, we highly encourage including author’s accepted versions in addition to the published versions due to publishers’ restrictions on making their published content openly available
- Modify the Options for each content file as necessary
- Change the Content/Version field by making an appropriate selection from the pull-down menu
- Fill in the free-text Description field as desired
- Click 'Update Document" once done
C. Review and modify the Description metadata:
The library will enhance the metadata in the record as necessary. You do not need to add anything more unless desired.
- Click on "Description" (at top of box) to verify the bibliographic information you imported in the earlier step
- Scroll down the screen to verify that everythig looks fine to you
- You may add the author's contact email if desired. This is one field the library will not modify
- If you want to add a comment or note for the library staff, use the Internal Notes field
- Click the blue "Save for Later" button when done
D. Deposit record to library for final review and release:
- From the Saved Record screen, cllick the blue "Move to Review" button
- OR From the Manage Deposits screen, click the green checkmark icon to the right of the entry in your list, then click "Deposit Item Now" on the next screen
- If necessary, the library staff will contact you about your submission. If not, you're done. Congratulations and thank you!