Please note that the use of this printer/scanner is limited to research, teaching, and assignments only. Printing is limited to map-printing only, or other library oversized materials. For poster printing and other uses, please visit Graphic Resources.
The Geology large-format printer and scanner is located in the Geology & Planetary Sciences Department, 207 N. Mudd.
To scan or print files, start as follows:
1. Turn on all equipment, beginning with the scanner. The switch is located at the rear left of the scanner (follow the yellow dot).
2. Next, turn on the printer. The switch is located on the front panel, on the left side.
3. Finally, turn on the PC, at the bottom of the monitor, on the far right-side (follow the red dot). It may be a little difficult to reach, but use your finger to feel for the opening.
4. Wait for everything to power up. The HP Designjet Program will open on the workstation automatically. Check the status lights on the scanner: once they are green, everything is ready to go.
5. If you see the “media profile” window, hit OK on the screen.
6. For scanning or printing, please see appropriate boxes on the right to continue.
Scanning to a file:
There is a charge of $6.50 per linear foot printed. Please provide a valid PTA account number upon printing. There is a clipboard on top of the keyboard to fill in your account information. Provide your name, linear-feet printed, and the account to charge to.