Please note that the use of this printer/scanner is limited to research, teaching, and assignments only. Printing is limited to map-printing only, or other library oversized materials. For poster printing and other uses, please visit Graphic Resources.
The Geology large-format printer and scanner is located in the Geology & Planetary Sciences Department, 207 N. Mudd.
To scan or print files, start as follows:
1. Turn on the equipment you will be needing. If you are scanning, turn on scanner. The switch is located at the rear left of the scanner (follow the yellow dot).
2. Turn on the PC that is attached to the scanner (the one that has the monitor that swivels). The switch is located on the bottom of the monitor, on the far right-side side (follow the red dot).
3. Wait for everything to power up. The HP Designjet Program will open on the workstation automatically. Check the status lights on the scanner: once they are green, everything is ready to go.
4. If you are going to print as well, turn on the printer. The switch is located on the front panel, on the left side.
5. If you see the “media profile” window, hit OK on the screen.
6. For scanning or printing, please see appropriate boxes on the right to continue.
Scanning to a file:
There is a charge of $6.50 per linear foot printed. Please provide a valid PTA account number upon printing. There is a clipboard on top of the keyboard to fill in your account information. Provide your name, linear-feet printed, and the account to charge to.