Web of Science allows you to set up alerts to monitor new articles that get added that match your search criteria. Here's how to set them up:
- Create an account for Web of Science. On the top right of the Web of Science screen, under the "Sign In" option, are options to Sign In, Register (for a new account), and Log Out. If you already have an account to use EndNote Web/Basic, you can use those credentials as it is the same company.
- Once you are signed in, perform your search.
- When you have your search results, on the left hand side of the screen under Results, click on the link to "Create Alert".
- This will bring up a window that will allow you to save your search, add a description & email address, and choose which information you'd like to see in your email alert along with the frequency.
- You can save the search to a local computer location by clicking "Save" at the bottom of the window. This will just save an XML file in plain text format without creating an alert.
- Once you click "Save" under the RSS feed statement, you'll get a confirmation that your alert was saved, and a link for the RSS feed.
- You can modify your search and alert criteria by selecting "My Tools" -> "Saved Searches & Alerts".