Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General HSS resources
The Caltech Archives' unique research collections in the history of science and technology range from the time of Copernicus to today.
Make an appointment today to explore the archives for your research, instruction, or personal interest.
Audio visual collections
Art and artifact collections
Learn about the print collections, services, and spaces in each of the libraries that serve HSS:
HSS-related collections @ The Huntington
- Huntington Library Catalog
- Learn about their collections
- Medieval Manuscripts, Early Printed Books, Literature in English
- Pacific Rim, California, Western American History
- American History, British History, Hispanic History and Culture
- History of Science, Medicine, and Technology
- Photography, prints, posters and ephemera, maps and atlases
Off-site access to electronic journals and databases
You must have a Huntington Library Reader's Card to access resources remotely.
If you do not have a library account and PIN:
- Go to My Library Account and follow the prompts.
- Use the name and registration number that appear on your reader card (which must be current). You can skip this step if you previously set up your library account and have a PIN. (If you have forgotten your PIN, just follow the "Forgot your PIN?" link.)
- Click on Databases or E-Journals and choose a title, or click on the link embedded in the catalog record for individual titles. You will be asked for your name, registration number, and PIN. Some selected resources may only be accessible on site--these will be clearly marked.
If you have any questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or talk to anyone in Reader Services.
- CaltechAUTHORS - Publications repository containing 90,000 articles, books, book chapters, technical reports, and conference papers authored by Caltech affiliates, updated continuously.
- We encourage self-deposits by Caltech faculty and staff. Basic entries with attached content files are accepted; library staff will enhance the records as needed. Susan Vite, HSS Administrative Assistant, x4571, can help deposit materials.
- CaltechDATA - Campus-wide data repository to preserve Caltech research data and share results with the world.
- Enables researchers to upload research data, link data with their publications, and assign a permanent DOI so that others can reference the data set.
CaltechTHESIS - growing repository of Ph.D., Engineer, Master's and Bachelor's/Senior theses authored by Caltech students. It is updated continuously as students add new theses, and as library staff scan and add older theses.
Check out our archive of Caltech publications, including:
and much more in CampusPubs.