2. Select CaltechConnect or select the title then Available Online to open the record.
NOTE: If off-campus or using VPN, you may need to enter your Caltech credentials on the following proxy login page to proceed.
3. Select one of the following options to access the ebook (do not select the CaltechConnect button again):
NOTE: Some ebooks have a limit on the number of people who can use them at the same time (concurrent user limit). If the ebook has reached its limit, you will see this notice: “Sorry, this eBook is in use.” Check back periodically to use the ebook when it becomes available.
1. Select Full Download, then create an EBSCO account (if you haven’t already) and Sign In.
2. On the Personal Data Retention and Usage window, select Yes to finish creating an account to read the book. Select No to return to the record and access the ebook another way.
4. Open the downloaded ebook from your file system or desktop - it will have the file extension “.ascm”.
5. Complete authorization (if you haven't before): Check “I want to authorize my computer without an ID”, then select Next, then Authorize, then OK.
6. Success! You should now be able to read the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions. Need help? Contact the library.
NOTE: To view the due date or return the ebook, select Library in the upper left-hand corner, right-click the ebook, then select “Return borrowed item.”